Transcript of Vital Records
Please be aware that as of December 1, 2023 The City of Rahway Department of Health will NO LONGER be accepting cash.
All fee's must be paid by Check or Money Order.
This is considered to be a long form vital certificate as it contains a lot of information: parents' information (address of residence, race, birth place, date of birth, etc.), additional information on the child's birthplace, and the information on the doctor(s) that assisted in the birth of the child. The long form also usually includes the signature of the doctor involved and at least one of the parents.
A transcript of a vital record is eligible for a New Jersey apostille seal or the legalization by a foreign embassy. It is signed by the current Director of Vital Records and bears the raised seal of the New Jersey Department of Health.
Not all Vital Record Transcripts look the same. They are original certified copy's with the raised seal. These are directly copied from our archives.
Birth Transcript Example
Please note that some foreign countries require that certified copies of birth certificates are recent, e.g. have been issued within the last six or twelve months. Please find out the requirements of the receiving foreign country before you start with the process of legalization.
Death Certificate Transcript
These are Original Certified Transcript Copies with the raised seal
Our Address is:
The City of Rahway
Department of Health
1 City Hall Plaza
Rahway, NJ 07065
All checks are to be made payable to:
The City of Rahway
Important Information to know:
- You need to have been born in Rahway, New Jersey in order to obtain a Certified Transcript of Birth
- Your Mother’s Maiden Name
- Father’s Name (if father is listed on original record)
- Date of Birth
- Full name at the time of birth
- You need to have been Married in Rahway, New Jersey in order to obtain a Certified Transcript of Marriage
- Your full name at the time of birth
- Your spouses full name at the time of birth
- The date of marriage