Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Vital records such as birth and death certificates and marriage licenses may be obtained from the Office of Vital Statistics.
Show All Answers
OPRA (Open Public Records Act) requests are used by the public to gain access to government records. Often requests are for information on a home someone is buying, but can also be for a variety of other reasons, with some limitations by State statute.
If looking for building permit history, and whether there are open and closed building permits, use our SDL portal to look up information.
Follow these quick and simple steps:
1. Click on “use our SDL portal to look up information” link above.
2. Sign up with a user ID and password, or login if you already have an ID and password.
3. If you know the permit number, enter it in the field marked “Check a Status” and click on the green “Go” button.
4. If you do not know the permit number, click on “Full Permit Search” and search by permit number, control number, project number, owner, address, etc.
There is NO CHARGE for this service.
If you have any questions about Building Permits, please contact the Building Department at (732) 827-2087.
To request government records, you can e-mail, fax, mail, hand-deliver, or submit a request by using the form below.
Many OPRA Requests are for the same property or report. You can view an archive of recent responses.
1. You may obtain a Notary Public application from the New Jersey Department of the Treasury.
2. Following approval from the State, you must contact the Union County Clerk (NOT THE CITY CLERK) to take your oath of office.
Please refer to Ordinance 24-21 and Ordinance 14-22 for information regarding which classes of Cannabis businesses are permitted in the City of Rahway.
To apply, please click here.
Please call 732-827-2003 if you wish to speak to someone about the application process or about having a Cannabis Business in Rahway.
The City of Rahway does not have a rent control ordinance.
Property deeds may be obtained from the Union County Clerk's office.
In all, the process can take 8 to 12 weeks from the time requested, depending on the factors above.
Please refer to our Noise Ordinance which notes the hours in the City of Rahway that private individuals and commercial entities are limited to regarding hosting a party, use of various kinds of maintenance or lawn equipment, as well as general activities which produce noise that is above certain decibels.